Sunday, July 24, 2011

Suwanna Birthday

Su Zhen was so nice to invite me over for dinner on Friday. It was going to be beans and rice otherwise. I was commissioned to purchase a cake. Not a chocolate cake or any other typical American style cake which would have been way too sweet. Nope, it was going to be a fruit cake. But there was a problem. I needed to have the cake people at Bel Air Market write Happy Birthday Suwanna on top of the cake. No can do, they said. Wouldn't work on this cake. Okay, then a pink plastic sign would just have to do.

We had a nice dinner courtesy of Yummy Kitchen in Folsom, followed by the cake. Then it was on to play on the Wii with Tansy and Emily. I still haven't gotten the hang of interacting with the Wii but it was fun seeing me try and balance myself and then play some games. Last time I weighed myself and Emily called out in her cute little voice, "You're fat!" It sounded so cute the way she said it with half her teeth missing from her mouth so I asked her to repeat it. The second time she was a little shy. Well, she wasn't shy today.
"You're fat!", she yelled out laughing. Okay, I get it now.

Suwanna and Famly
Tansy and Emily
Chinese Food from Yummy Kitchen
With Tansy
With Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment

Breathless

Dusk settled on the city and the air was crisp from a cool autumn breeze. Tom pulled up his overcoat higher to keep himself warm. He had ...