Friday, May 25, 2007

Marijuana Adventure

Okay, I admit it. I toked and smoked it when I was a teenager. And I’m pretty confident that I have lots of company that have done the same. So imagine my surprise when I rode by what looked like a clump of marijuana growing along the side of the road in Fair Oaks. It all started when I had to go back to the Fair Oaks Park district office to get a refund for part of Pumpkin’s summer camp. Okay, no problem. That was a short detour on the way to work. I huffed up Bridge Court, past the wild chickens and roosters crowing and headed right on Temescal. The plants were right there, growing in a ditch. Wow! This looks like the real stuff, I thought and after taking care of business, rode back and stopped to take a closer look. Hmm, sure does look like the real thing. I wasn’t quite sure but I resolved to take a sample the next day.

I told Jess & Brittany about it and Brittany said to watch out cause maybe someone really planted them there and if I removed a plant there is a good chance I might get jumped and have the shit kicked out of me.  I wasn’t about to let some punks stop me so I made up my mind to quickly remove a plant while no one was looking. Next day I rode there and brought a scissors and my camera to take some snapshots.Oh boy! I thought. This was going to be great!. I pulled out the camera, took some pictures and then whipped out the scissors. In less than 10 seconds, an entire plant was stuffed in my backpack and I was on my way back to the trail. Looked around to see if there were any gang bangers coming after me and didn’t see any. All I saw was some idiot riding a bike in a heavy jacket (see other blog).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Breathless

Dusk settled on the city and the air was crisp from a cool autumn breeze. Tom pulled up his overcoat higher to keep himself warm. He had ...