Thursday, May 3, 2007

American River Bike Trail Sitings

Just exited Fair Oaks bridge on south side and came across a man on a small kid’s bike dressed in a full length winter parka with padded hood. Outside temperature was close to 80 degrees at the time. I was already sweating and had only been riding about 20 minutes. 10 minutes later past Rossmoor trail intersection saw 2 beefy looking women hiking in full winter gear. WTF is going on here? I’m practically drenched with sweat and I see people who act like it’s still winter. Hello? Winter, if you could even call it that, ended a couple of months ago and except for a few weeks in January was probably the warmest winter I ever experienced. We spent over $250.00 on winter gear to enjoy in the snow back in December and there was barely enough snow on the ground to get your feet wet, and that was at the 10,000 foot level. Now I see people wandering around the bike trail like it is 30 degrees outside. I tell ya, it never ceases to amaze me the things I see along this trail.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Breathless

Dusk settled on the city and the air was crisp from a cool autumn breeze. Tom pulled up his overcoat higher to keep himself warm. He had ...