Friday, April 20, 2007

American River Bike Trail Sitings

Not sure which day this was but I was riding my bike to work. It was kind of cool and rainy so I pretty much had the whole bike trail to myself. I was heading south, just south of Sunrise Blvd, going around the bend into the rain forest after the first small meadow and lo and behold, standing off to the side of trail in the rain was a man in a bright orange poncho puffing on a cigar. Very strange. The next morning another sighting, this time a lot more inspiring. I was just slightly north of Hagan Park, again riding south and coming up fast in the other direction was a man on a modified recumbent bike. As he drew closer, I could see that he was pedaling with his arms and as he whizzed by I couldn’t help but notice that he had no legs. Using sheer arm power, he was flying by at what looked like close to 20 mph. I can’t get up to that speed even if I tried.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Breathless

Dusk settled on the city and the air was crisp from a cool autumn breeze. Tom pulled up his overcoat higher to keep himself warm. He had ...