Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Jim and Theresa’s Wedding

While pumpkin and wifey were in Taiwan I went to Theresa’s and Jim’s wedding in Fair Oaks Country Club. Nice. Shared a table with woman from IBM and met a new friend, Ricky Williams. Real nice guy. We hit it off from the beginning. Too bad he couldn’t come to our Chinese dumpling party last Saturday night.

Instead it was just Theresa and Jim. We pigged out on dumplings and noodles and just had lots of fun.

Few hours earlier got a call from Rebecca. She had taken the train up to Stockton to visit Tara, her cousin. They stopped by in the late afternoon. Tara is studying engineering at UOP. Very nice girl, muy guapa and inteligente. Tara’s mother Darlene is Rebecca’s mother Maureen’s sister. They are twins and Rebecca said everytime she gets together with Tara, they compare notes to see who is more neurotic. Based on what they both described, it is a close race. Both Maureen and Darlene are extremely immature women. Too bad, yet both Rebecca and Tara turned out fine in spite of their parent’s problems. From Tara - "My mom told me that only poor people get pimples."  WTF? Ay caray, a grown woman worried more about image and completely disconnected from reality. Rebecca had equally bizarre stories about how her mother is also just simply removed from reality.

Around 5 PM, they had to go. Before they left, I noticed some Chinese inscriptions tatooed on Tara’s back. She explained it was her Jiu Jitsu training school. Okay, interesting. "Show me something"  I asked. She said okay, come at me with your hand. I extended my hand and she instantly grabbed it and immobilized me in 2 seconds. Couldn’t move and this was a girl no taller than 5’ 3".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Breathless

Dusk settled on the city and the air was crisp from a cool autumn breeze. Tom pulled up his overcoat higher to keep himself warm. He had ...