Sunday, December 26, 2010

Attempt to Reach Dan Lungren

This may become a moot point if Ami Bera wins the 3rd Congressional seat next Tuesday but I do not assume anything. In fact, I would present the same argument to Mr. Bera as I am presenting to Congressman Lungren. I am doing this to go on the record as trying my damnedest to convince my representative in the U.S. Congress that something must be done about global warming. I have been told by others that my efforts are like a salmon swimming upstream considering the forces aligned against taking action but I cannot throw my arms up and give up when Serena’s future is at stake. In some respects I am covering my ass so that when Serena gets older, she cannot accuse me of not doing anything about this issue. This blog is my record and proof that I did try and will continue to try. So here is the detail on my attempt today:

1) Contacted Congressman Lungren at his Gold River office this morning at approximately 11:00 AM. I spoke to a woman named Katie who asked me what I wanted to discuss. I told her that it was climate change. She told me to contact Sandra Weissman at Lungren’s Washington D.C. office as she is the one in charge of energy policy for Mr. Lungren.

2) Spoke to Sandra Weissman at the D.C. office and explained my purpose. I briefly mentioned the current science regarding global warming and that it is an urgent matter. Her response was that Mr. Lungren agrees it is a problem but I am not sure that it is a problem. I insisted that it was important to speak with Mr. Lungren and she agreed to allow me to speak with Lungren’s scheduler, Debra Jones.

3) Sandra Weissman transferred me to Debra Jones and Debra asked me the purpose of the meeting. I reiterated my reasons for requesting a meeting and she suggested I email her a brief statement explaining the issue and she would get back to me. This conversation took place today at approximately 11:30 AM. I emailed her at debra.jones@mail.house.gov and the full text of that email is located in the previous 2 blog posts I just made.On a kind of funny note. Serena is sitting next to me right now writing out math problems as I type this up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Breathless

Dusk settled on the city and the air was crisp from a cool autumn breeze. Tom pulled up his overcoat higher to keep himself warm. He had ...