Sunday, October 10, 2010

Remembering David Waldman

Yesterday we visited Gilda and the rest of the Waldmans at her house to remember and celebrate the life of David Waldman who passed away on September 20th. It was great to see Eric, Suene, Ian and the kids, Ridley and Jude. I spent half my childhood at the Waldman’s, going up every year to spend the summer with Ian and Eric. I had a lot of fun times there, playing up at the circle and getting a little too wild every now and then with Eric and Ian. I was always fascinated with David’s skills as a carpenter and his ability to remodel the house in Kensington mostly by himself. I eagerly helped him whenever he needed help, not only to gain a little insight into how to build a house but also because he had a funny sense of humor. Some of my most memorable times were listening to him rant about the Republicans in Washington at the dinner table. His language was usually colorful and his observations were always insightful. I am going to miss him a lot.For anyone who was unable to attend the event yesterday, I have reproduced a short biography written by Gilda about David and their long marriage together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Breathless

Dusk settled on the city and the air was crisp from a cool autumn breeze. Tom pulled up his overcoat higher to keep himself warm. He had ...